Cracked Fillings – Part 1
A cracked filling is a dental restoration in your tooth that has failed because it has broken into pieces.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes a Cracked Filling? A filling can crack when it is old, large or it has too much biting pressure on it. It can also crack if the tooth structure under the filling has softened.
Who is at high risk for a Cracked Filling? People who have previously broken teeth or fillings may be more likely to break them in the future. Other factors that can increase the risk of cracked or broken fillings are:
- The presence of older and larger fillings
- People who grind their teeth or have strong chewing muscles
- People who have uneven or unbalanced bites
- People who have destructive habits such as chewing ice or
- opening things with their teeth
Excel Dental: Your go-to dentist in Hamilton Ontario Remember, with Excel Dental we are here to help! Contact Excel Dental today and find out why Dr Susan Pan has been a trusted resource. Serving Hamilton, Ontario, Excel Dental will make you feel right at home. Make your appointment today for patient-centered dental care and a lifetime of beautiful smiles.