Dental Cone Beam Tomography [Dental CBCT] is a specialized type of x-ray that provides more information than conventional dental or facial x-rays. This computerized dental scan uses advanced technology to generate three-dimensional[3-D] images.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of a Dental CBCT scan?
The benefits of a Dental CBCT scan are that it:
- Provides 3-D images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths and bone which are considerably more detailed than conventional two-dimensional dental x-rays.
- Allows for more precise diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Is simple and comfortable to take and can diagnostically image both bone and soft tissue simultaneously.
What are the common uses of a Dental CBCT scan?
Dental CBCT scans are commonly used to:
- Evaluate the position of teeth, bone structure, jaw joints and the airway.
- Aid in:
- Accurate placement of implants
- Surgical planning for the removal of impacted wisdom teeth 3-D orthodontic evaluation
- Complex root canal diagnosis and treatment
Excel Dental: Your go-to dentist in Hamilton Ontario Remember, with Excel Dental we are here to help! Contact Excel Dental today and find out why Dr Susan Pan has been a trusted resource. Serving Hamilton, Ontario, Excel Dental will make you feel right at home. Make your appointment today for patient-centered dental care and a lifetime of beautiful smiles.