- Initial Exam: The first step in the dental implant process is to have an initial exam at Excel Dental. During this appointment, your dentist will assess your oral health, evaluate your medical history, and discuss your goals and expectations for your dental implant treatment.
- Diagnostic Testing: After the initial exam, your dentist will perform diagnostic tests such as digital X-rays, 3D imaging scans, and other assessments to determine the health of your jawbone and the suitability of your mouth for dental implants.
- Treatment Planning: Based on the results of your diagnostic tests, your dentist will create a customized treatment plan that outlines the steps involved in placing your dental implant. This plan will include the size, shape, and type of implant that is best suited for your needs.
- Implant Placement: After your treatment plan has been established, your dentist will proceed with the implant placement. This involves making an incision in your gum to expose the jawbone, preparing the site for the implant, and securing the implant in place.
- Healing Period: After the implant has been placed, you will need to undergo a healing period to allow the implant to fuse with your jawbone. This typically takes several months, during which time you will need to avoid applying pressure to the implant site.
- Abutment Placement: Once the healing period is complete, your dentist will place an abutment on the implant. This is a small component that connects the implant to the crown and helps to secure it in place.
- Crown Placement: Finally, your dentist will place the crown on the abutment to complete the dental implant process. The crown will be custom-made to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth, and it will be securely attached to the abutment.
With all steps of the dental implant procedure performed in the same office, Excel Dental, you can be confident that you will receive consistent and high-quality care throughout your treatment.